Thursday, October 12, 2017

Did Something Eat Something Else?*

(*George Carlin)

Some pictures only a blogger would take.  And some situations become less annoying if they could make a good post.

So with that as explanation, here are some pictures of empty food containers as I found them in their natural habitat:





I know this is not unique to our home, but come on!  Why, children, why?



Not pictured, but infinitely more common, are the empty containers that you can't tell are empty until you pick them up.  I am often tricked when making a shopping list into thinking we have yogurt or cream or butter or cereal AND WE DON'T.  We just have strategically placed empty containers for those things as if we are staging a play and just need the appearance of a fully stocked refrigerator or pantry.

This boggles my mind, because leaving an empty plate in the fridge is just lazy.  I get lazy.  But putting an empty container back into the fridge or the pantry takes a modicum of effort.  It would be easier to leave the empty container on the counter!  Still not as good as cleaning it out and putting it in the recycling, but at least if it's out I can tell it's probably done.  What is the point of putting an empty container of milk or orange juice BACK into the fridge?  WHAT IS THAT?!

Not a deep post, I know.  But parenting runs the gamut from the sublime to the ridiculous, and this is freaking ridiculous.  (Now excuse me while I go prod everything in the fridge before running to the store again.)

2 comments:

  1. Sing it, sister! I keep telling them the fridge fairy doesn't live here and they have to throw out/recycle empty containers, but I am pretty much wasting my breath.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I totally hear you. I once took a photo of my son's dresser in which EVERY SINGLE DRAWER was left open. I also have taken a photo of our shoe rack (which is conveniently located by the back door and is therefore the FIRST THING that you see) completely empty with about FIFTY PAIRS OF SHOES piled on the floor. Well, 50 may be a slight exaggeration, but I'm sure you understand ...

    ReplyDelete