Because I have a HUGE blister on the tip of my right index finger after using spray paint the other night. (Well, half an inch long, but for a blister that seems huge.)
I decided to convert a defunct half size cello into a sparkly wonder work for the front window, and it seemed like a good idea to get a rough coat of black down on the whole thing before I started gluing on fake jewels. So I picked up some cheap spray paint on my way home from work, then took all of a minute and a half to spray the cello in the dark in our backyard and now my finger HURTS. Like, I need to stop typing in a minute because OW.
Seriously, do people who do a lot of spray painting do something different? How did I do this so wrong?
Anyway, pictures soon of sparkly cello progress. I've already jeweled up the ribs and it's looking very Vegas. This cello is Fat Elvis all the way.
(And Ian said to me when I was sorting fake jewels by color at the dining room table that when I start freaking out about how little time there is to get everything done for the holidays he will remind me that I chose to add the sparkly cello to the agenda. But when inspiration hits sometimes you have to run with it, even when it's inconvenient. Sometimes sparkly cellos have to happen.)