We
recently returned from a much needed trip to the cottage. A whole week
where I didn't work on anything I normally feel obliged to do! Two of my
kids came along with me and Ian and the dog, and my mom was able to
come for a couple of days. We played Scrabble and Boggle and Cribbage.
We basked in the glory that is the new and improved screened porch where
we can sit among the birds. We ate ice cream and watched movies and
walked to the lake and visited the library and saw a tiny tiny frog and
tie dyed shirts and drove to a nearby town to see the new Spiderman
movie. I loved every minute of it, and it's a little hard adjusting to
being home (and busy) again.
We recently returned from a much needed trip to the cottage. A whole week where I didn't work on anything I normally feel obliged to do! Two of my kids came along with me and Ian and the dog, and my mom was able to come for a couple of days. We played Scrabble and Boggle and Cribbage. We basked in the glory that is the new and improved screened porch where we can sit among the birds. We ate ice cream and watched movies and walked to the lake and visited the library and saw a tiny tiny frog and tie dyed shirts and drove to a nearby town to see the new Spiderman movie. I loved every minute of it, and it's a little hard adjusting to being home (and busy) again.
On the way home we made a quick stop at the Brookfield Zoo to pick up Mold-A-Ramas. Well, Domino and I stayed outside and explored things nearby, and Ian and the kids went in. Quinn has been finding updates on what figures have been switched out in various places, and the most new things for us were all at the Brookfield Zoo. Eight Mold-A-Ramas are definitely worth a stop!
The wolf, T-rex, brotno/appato-sauruses, triceratops, and bat were all in new colors, and the archaeopteryx and komodo dragon were completely new for our collection!
A very good haul! With luck before the year is up we'll get down to the Field Museum and MOSI and get their latest figures. We won't be able to make this year's Mold-Fest, but we're not interested in trades particularly anyway. It's really all about the memories of visiting the places and finding them ourselves.







No comments:
Post a Comment